- 端 Duan(1) : Propriety, dignity of bearing
- 公 Gong(1) : Fairness, impartiality
- 仁 Ren(2) : Kindness, benevolence
- 浩 Hao(4) : Nobility, broad mindedness
- 忠 Zhong(1) : Loyalty, faithfulness
- 诚 Cheng(2) : Honesty, sincerity
- 敬 Jing(4) : Respect, esteem for one’s teachers and elders
- 正 Zheng(4) : Integrity, decency
- 义 Yi(4) : Righteousness, what is right
- 勇 Yong(3) : Bravery, ready to fight for a just cause
- 信 Xin (4) : Trustworthiness, good faith
- 德 De(2) : Morality, ethical conduct
- Do not assert authority at the expense of others.
- Do not be cowed by aggression and do not suppress others.
- Do not fear for oneself, come to the aid of others in danger.
- Do not break the law.
- Do not use martial arts for inappropriate purpose.
- Do not take advantage of your status to become arrogant.
- Do not display your skills in an inappropriate setting.
- Do not seek out dubious companions.
- Do not wallow in luxury, or live a pauper’s existence.
- Do not be prideful or boastful.
- Do not get into arguments with a crazy or violent person.
- Do not argue with the ignorant.
- Do not be influenced by others based on their possessions.
- Do not covet illicit wealth.
- Do not indulge in substance abuse or lust.
- Do not refuse to pay any public or private obligations.
- Do not use public office for personal ends.
- Do not be seduced by power.
- Do not be a traitor.
- Do not neglect your training.